Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Gift of Grub 
Bacon Flavored Salt

Sometimes a Small Gift Has a Big Impact

MY COWORKER DAN GOT ME THE COOLEST GIFT FOR MY BIRTHDAY RECENTLY-BACON FLAVORED SALT! What could be better than that?

Combining two of my favorite things?  Can't top it.  The only problem is that my birthday (which was a few weeks ago and, I should add, also my bf's bday) isn't always the best of days and I tend to be a little, well, salty.  So I guess the gift from Dan was probably the most appropriate gift ever.  Anyhoo, I didn't bring it home and add it to the pile of cards 'casue I'm an even bigger bitch on my birthday than on a regular day.  It just sat on my desk....and it still does.

It is still there and not because I'm still grumpy and a sad bday boy, but because I'm gross and weird. I have been eating it right out of the jar*!  It's not even a lunchtime thing, just anytime thing.  I LOVE salt and I love bacon (as you may recall from this post) and I just love this. 

Dan got it from The Filling Station in Chelsea Market.  I love this place and I love the flavored salt they sell there.  Every true foodie should check this place out!


*This should not be that surprising for family members who witnessed me licking the inside of microwave popcorn bags growing up.  So gross.




No comments: