Sunday, September 30, 2012

Bacon Wrapped (Blue Cheese Stuffed) Dates
 

Verdict: Success
Neighbor-worthy

I have mentioned it before and will prove it time and time again: I am an impatient man.  (Kitchen-wise) this has been proven with burns, cuts, broken plates and last minute take-out orders (or empty tummies).  One thing that really gets to me that I needs to work on is that when I come up with an idea, I want to do it right away!

Sometimes I will think up a great thing to make and I get home and my bf wants to go out.  I hate shelving an idea but I love to go out too so I don't get all that mad.  BUT there are times I get so worked up about trying something that my world is shattered if something comes in the way of me making my meal

Equally perturbing is when I overdo my planned meal with too many sides or just too much fancy.  This happened recently with a meal I planned that had too many moving parts and required me shelving things, quite literally, for a few days. It really should be something I do more often as you can spread the fancy and the joy, in this case.  The delayed piece in question is my Bacon Wrapped Dates that ANYONE can make and everyone should.

Ingredients:
center-cut bacon cut in half 
dates
crumbled blue cheese

Preheat oven to 375° 

Cut dates in half.  Stuff date halves with cheese (it's pretty easy as there is a preexisting little pocket there). Put 'em back together, wrap with bacon and secure with a toothpick.  Place 'em on a cookie sheet and pop in the oven for 30-35 minutes flipping them over to the other side half way through.

That's it....eat those suckers 'n smile.

Notes:  So easy.  So good. 


Simple and good recipes to share?  Share 'em: theManicCheater@gmail.com 

No comments: