Friday, September 21, 2012

Personal Note:

Oh My Goodness, I Could Have a Growing Issue with My Ego

DO I ONLY COOK TO RECEIVE PRAISE? I've always been a little self proud, don't get me wrong,  but I have to admit I've noticed a new layer of ick that I think I have to kick (or curb a little)...

I've been having so much fun over the last few months and have been seeing true improvement in my kitchen.  At the same time I've been getting a lot of pats on the back......and damn, it feels really good.  So good, that I think it is driving me to get better at cooking/baking.  That's not bad, quite good actually, but...

My bf has been out of town for work on an extended stay and I have been alone a lot and have not cooked once!  I'm a little scared that with no one to prove anything to nor show off for, I feel no reason to cook.  I LOVE cooking.  LOVE it.  But I really like to win in the kitchen.  I hope the love lasts and out shadows the growing chip on my shoulder.

Please know that I am writing this post with a smirk 'cause I'm (mostly) joking.  I'm just a little scared of the self esteem issue taking over my motivation and forgetting to have fun.  (I ain't no Tinkerbell--that's not a gay joke.  Glad to be gay, just don't want to need applause to go on!!  :-D)



No comments: