Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Glazed Cranny-Apple Chicken Sandwich


Verdict: Success
Neighbor-worthy


This one is mine.  It is pieced together from many recipes that I have used in the past, so don't get me wrong, it is totally stolen. It is however an amalgamation of enough sources that it has morphed into my own creation (not to mention I don't recall where I got them all from nor whose they are).
It is a sweet and savory sandwich which is a perfect summer bite.
(Intended for 2 sandwiches with some extra spread just in case you want more)

Ingredients:
Multi-grain bread toasted
Rotisserie chicken breast sliced thin
1 granny smith apple sliced thin
Honey
4 oz fat-free cream cheese (room temperature)
1/4 cup craisons
1 teaspoon black pepper
4 slices center cut bacon
Lettuce

In a medium bowl, mix craisons and cream cheese until smooth.  Add the pepper and mix until you have a nice speckled spread.  Lie out your apple slices and drizzle with honey and set aside.  Pan fry your bacon until crispy in a small skillet (or large, I don't care). Toast your bread and plate. 

Lie your lettuce on one slice of toast (this will be the bottom) and top that with your chicken (as much as you prefer).  Top that with your apple slices followed by the bacon.  Spread the, well, spread  on your other slice of toast and top off the sandwich.  Eat it. 

Notes:
I love it and so does the bf.
Perfect for those who like salty and sweet at the same time.   If that's not your thing, skip this.

Injuries:
I sliced into my thumb while slicing my apple.  I cursed that S.O.B.

No comments: