Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Just the Tip

Screwed By The Cashier?  Spread it Out and Get Yours--More Bang for Your Buck


GET THE MOST OUT OF A PURCHASE THAT LEAVES YOU WITH MORE UNUSED INGREDIENT THAN YOU ACTUALLY USED We've all been there...you need to buy a bushel when all you need is a pinch to make your meal. This REALLY pisses me off.  Such a waste of food and cash.

A Super Mom (or a freak) can plan meals and menus a week at a time.  Us "normals" don't do that....at least the NYC "normals"-we don't know what we are doing while we are doing it yet alone tomorrow night or 3 nights away.  Planning multiple meals with overlapping ingredients that you practically buy in bulk is not something we are likely to do.  Planning afterward may be doable though....

Use what you have to cook and plan to cook what you already have.  For example, the other night I had 10 times the leftover cilantro I had bought to make a guacamole.  So, to come out a winner, I used a large chunk of the extras to make my homemade salsa into Cilantro Salsa.  Tonight I am going to do the same.....I have leftover cheese from the Flautas I made the other night and my recent Sausage Biscuit recipe fresh in my head....I can work them into as a cheesy morsel.....

Don't get taken advantage of at the market....the shopper should come first.  Make sure you come out on top.


Do you want to be on the mailing list or have recipes you want to share with me?  Contact me at themaniccheater@gmail.com.

--
Posted By Mark Patrick Spiecher to Tweaking in the Kitchen (The Manic Cheater) at 5/09/2012 02:35:00 PM

No comments: