Sunday, May 13, 2012

Thanks To You: Mom

Happy Mother's Day

I AM SO THANKFUL TO THE BEST MOTHER OUT THERE I'd be a better cook today if I wasn't such a bitch growing up.  I wasn't the easiest kid to have around and probably the world's worst eater so I didn't get to learn all that much about food 'till I was a bit older. 
Ma-I kinda ruined the joy of cooking for you and for that I am sorry. I did however get to enjoy the rest that you had to offer: kindness, generosity and support even when not warranted (re: I was even worse when I grew up some).  Thanks, Ma.  I love you.

My grandmother actually showed me the first cooking tweak ever when I was like 6.  She ran out of breadcrumbs when making chicken cutlets and used oatmeal...I'll never know if it was a success as I was, again, a bitchy kid and my brother and I chose to make the ordeal a family joke for eternity. 
Gram-At 90 you've got more spunk than me (which is odd really--odd, but awesome).  Happy Mother's Day xoxox.

Do you want to be on the mailing list or have recipes you want to share with me?  Contact me at themaniccheater@gmail.com.

No comments: