Saturday, April 28, 2012

Dammit

I Tried To Butter You Up

EVEN A KNOW-IT-ALL LIKE ME CAN SCREW UP And I totally do and I TOTALLY OWN UP TO IT.
My co-worker and friend Janine pointed out a recipe error of Paula Dean proportion--an apt description on a couple of levels.  On the Brownie Walnut Pie recipe I had in there that one should use 8 OZ of butter for the crust instead of 8 tablespoons. For the uninformed, that is double.

I still do not know if it was a total disaster but as she described a puddle of butter in the center while cooking, I can only image it sis not turn out well.

My apologies to anyone who did not have a success with this recipe---but only if it was the butter that screwed it up.  If not, you only have yourself to blame.


Do you want to be on the mailing list or have recipes you want to share with me?  Contact me at themaniccheater@gmail.com.

No comments: