Friday, April 20, 2012

Just the Tip

Trust is Great, But I Don't Trust You


KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE WHEN SHARING A DISH Not just for the food you make, but whether or not your recipient is likely to return your plate, pan or container (or whatever). 

When in doubt, use something like a foil pan for something you know you are taking out of your home.  This is also true if you are scared of something special breaking or getting scratched at someone else's hand--you won't have to worry.

It helps keep you from being douchey and cleaning your own dish at your friend's house (if you're leaving from a party or something) just 'cause you want it to come with you----yes, I'm that guy.

Plastic Chinese takeout containers are ESSENTIAL in my house.  Not just for leftovers in the house but for sending people away with treats or dropping food gifts outside neighbors' doors.  I could care less if I ever see them again-the containers, not my neighbors.  I know they will use them again for something else.  It is green enough to make up for the less green approach of using disposable foil vs a reusable pan and trusting people.

My bf's mother is the QUEEN of leftovers and sharing food and always trusts you with her tupperware.  She is such a good cook that she knows that you will bring her's back so she can fill it up again on your next visit.  She's smart....no tupperware=no food.



Do you want to be on the mailing list or have recipes you want to share with me?  Contact me at themaniccheater@gmail.com.

No comments: