Saturday, April 21, 2012

Just the Tip

Don't Wear Your Gym Clothes While You Cook--People Will think You're Homeless and REALLY Fond of Your Ass


MARK! YOU'RE NOT A STREET URCHIN Don't make the same mistake I've (apparently) been making for years.  Don't wear clothes you just cooked in to the gym or anywhere in public for that matter.  Your fellow gym bunnies, or in my case your neighbors, will think you're gross.

I used to think people were checking me out in the gym (and this may be partially true, don't get me wrong) but they may just be thinking "wow, that guy is filthy".  I gasp at the fact that they may have been thinking it since we moved into this building almost 6 years ago!  When you're as hyper and spastic in the kitchen as I am you (should) know there is crap all over your clothes after you cook or bake.  An apron only covers so much of your body.  I may have to start wearing a hazmat suit if I don't want to have a change of clothes between work and gym outfits.

Flour and my own handy work are THE worst offenders.  My friend Shireen pointed this out to me over a decade ago when we worked at my Uncle's Italian restaurant, Ciao! and I never grew out of it apparently.  I tend to wipe my hands hands on my ass instead of my apron.  This leaves perfect hand prints on my butt.  Unfortunately it doesn't even look like someone else couldn't keep their hands off of me--it is crystal clear they are my own hands.  I noticed that I have not broken the habit this morning at the gym. 

Sad.  I am proud of my ass but not that into it.


Do you want to be on the mailing list or have recipes you want to share with me?  Contact me at themaniccheater@gmail.com.

No comments: